Here is a stereo preamplifier circuit with built in tone control facility. A very useful circuit using versatile tone control IC TDA 1524 from Phillips.
Rangkaian TDA1524 Stereo Tone Control
This circuit is designed as per the data sheet as an effective stereo-tone & volume control for car stereos , TV sets or any sort of stereo amplifier circuit you want.The circuit includes provisions like bass control, treble control , volume control with inbuilt contour or linear mode option (can be switched in betwwen) and balance. All these functions provided can be controlled by DC voltages or by linear potentiometers.
- R1 ,R2 ,R3 andR4 can be used for controlling volume, balance, treble and bass respectively.
- If SPDT switch S1 is in position 1 ,the circuit works in contour mode and in position 2 the circuit works in linear mode.
- If you are using a 15-20V supply, you can use that as your pre-amp supply as well. Make sure you test the voltage first in all cases
TDA1524 Tone Control Component:
R1,R2 : 220R Resistor R3,R4 : 4K7 Resistor R5 : 2K2 Resistor R6 : 1K Resistor C1,C2,C7,C8,C17 : 10 uF ecap C3,C4 : 47 nF C5,C6 : 15 nF C9 : 220 nF poly C10 : 100 uF 25V C11,C12,C13,C14,C16 : 100 nF C15 : 1000 uF 35V C18,C19 : 10 nF IC1 : TDA 1524A IC2 : LM 7812 P1 : 50k linear switch pot P2,P3,P4 : 50k linear pot X1,X2,X3,X4 : RCA jack D1 : Diode 1N4004 L1 : Red LED
Volume control is usually used Potensimeter. One drawback of the potentiometer is generated considerable noise, besides potentiometers also wear faster. To fix you can try using the following circuit. The circuit serves to replace your manual volume control in anamplifier. To adjust the volume size, you only need to press the Up or Down button. Following his schematics.
Rangkaian Pengatur Volume Digital
- U1 you can get at Dallas Semiconductor.
- S1 to raise the volume, S2 to lower the volume.
- Input signal can not be less than -0.2 V.
This circuit can be used as a volume control, tone, contrast, brightness, and dimmer control. The circuit is extremely simple and compact requiring very Few external components with power supply Can Vary from 4.5V to 8V.
IC DS1669 Pinning
- RH – High Terminal of Potentiometer
- RW – Wiper Terminal of Potentiometer
- RL – Low Terminal of Potentiometer
- -V, +V – Voltage Inputs
- UC – Up Contact Input
- D – Digital Input
- DC – Down Contact Input
Standard resistance values IC DS1669
- DS1669-10 ~ 10 kΩ
- DS1669-50 ~ 50 kΩ
- DS1669-100 ~ 100 kΩ